Imperials Six-Step Lawn Treatment
Make a Greener Choice for Your Yard
Get lawn care and fertilization in Owensboro, KY
So you want more green grass with fewer weeds on your Owensboro, KY lawn.. you came to the right place!
We, at Imperial Lawns, now offer a six-step lawn treatment program called "The Greener Choice." This program starts in February and March and runs through December.
You can expect your lawn to have fewer weeds and thicker turf with The Greener Choice.
Here is the breakdown of our lawn treatment program:
- Step 1: Spring Fertilizer and Pre-Emergent Weed Control - Our first application is in February and March, and it's designed to give your lawn a boost of energy for a quick green-up. Our pre-emergent weed control stops grassy weeds, like crabgrass,
from sprouting and choking out your lawn
- Step 2: Spring Weed Control - We apply your spring weed control in April or May. Our second application of weed control focuses on broadleaf weeds, such as dandelions, to stop them from taking over your lawn
- Step 3: Late Spring Fertilizer and Pre-Emergent Weed Control - Our third application of fertilizer helps your grass to grow thick and lush. Meanwhile, our second pre-emergent continues to form a barrier between the soil and the turf line to keep these grassy weeds from germinating
- Step 4: Insect Control - Since different bugs infest your Owensboro lawn throughout the summer, we apply our insect control in June, July, and August. Our pest control stops those insects from eating your lawn and keeping it from thriving. This step also includes our grub control to keep those critters from eating your lawn's roots. We have a separate perimeter pest control to keep ticks, fleas, and mosquitoes out of your Owensboro yard
- Step 5: Fall Weed Control - Yes, it's time to add another round of weed control in September and October to keep new weed seeds from sprouting in your yard during the fall. This weed control also prevents weeds from surviving through the winter and popping up in your yard next spring
- Step 6: Fall Fertilization (Winterizer) - This is perhaps one of the most important fertilization treatments of the year, and we apply our winterizer fertilization in October, November, and December. Our winter fertilization treatment will encourage your yard grass to develop deep roots to hold in moisture to get it through to spring. Plus, the winter fertilizer treatment helps your lawn quickly green up the following spring
Other Lawn Services
The following lawn and landscape maintenance services are part of our a la carte menu. To ensure your lawn is healthy, green, and weed-free, we recommend the following lawn maintenance services:
- Aeration - We use an aerator to pull small plugs of soil from your lawn to allow it oxygen, light, water, and grass seed. Aeration also lets out carbon dioxide. In other words, it allows your soil to breathe
- Overseeding - After we aerate your lawn, we'll overseed it with grass seed to fill in those areas where your grass thinned over the summer
- Slice or power seeding - We use our power seeding machine to "slice" into your soil and mechanically put grass seed directly into it for less seed loss and better grass seed coverage
- De-thatching - We use power rakes to pull up the thatch layer between the soil and the grass line. Again, de-thatching allows more light, air, and water into the soil for a healthier lawn
- Nutsedge control - If you have nutsedge popping up in your lawn, you need nutsedge control. Nutsedge is a stubborn weed and can be spread through its seeds, tubers, and rhizomes (the underground stems)
- Shrub treatment - Our shrub treatments give your shrubs a boost of nutrition so they produce gorgeous blooms, full leaves, and strong branches and roots
If you're ready to transform your unsightly yard into a gree, lush one, call us today at (270) 685-2290 or fill out our contact form.
Stay up-to-date with us when you like our Facebook page! We'll let you know of specials, coupons, and lawn care tips!